Wednesday, June 13, 2012

{WW} H.I.I.T. Me

The best way to burn fat fast is by doing H.I.I.T. or High Intensity Interval Training. When you are doing this training you are alternating between a low to moderate intensity and high intensity intervals which rev up your calorie burning engine and enables you to burn more calories even when you are not working out.   With H.I.I.T. you will be working a little bit harder than your normal routine but will only have to work out a half or a quarter of the time you would during other workouts.  This sounds like my kind of workout! Short and effective!



Before you start:
  • Make sure you have water.  Being hydrated is very important when doing a high intensity workout.
  •  You will also need a watch and a good pair of running shoes.
  • Warm up for 5 minutes and do some light stretching.  
 The Workout:
 *You can incorporate H.I.I.T. into really whatever exercise you want.. But today we are going to do a jog/run workout outside in the beautiful weather and soak up some vitamin D.  
  •  Start with a low to moderate jog for 1 minute.
  • Then you will sprint for 30 seconds.... and I mean PUSH IT!
  • Recover with a moderate jog for 1 minute.
  • THEN SPRINT! HIGH INTENSITY! 30 seconds!
  • I think you get the idea.......  Repeat this for about 15-20 minutes.
Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment